United Way of King County is currently recruiting Volunteer Readers to read aloud to children (ages 3-5) one or two at a time (not group reading), at preschools, Head Start classrooms, and child care centers, and they particularly need volunteers in the Central District, Beacon Hill and Rainier Valley.
Here’s what they say about it:
- Read to kids, one or two at a time, for one hour each week.
- Commit to at least six months with the program, preferably longer.
- Be friendly, energetic, and responsible.
Why read to kids:
- It’s fun!
- It’s the best way to prepare kids for school.
- It gives kids a love of learning that lasts a lifetime.
Visit www.unitedwayofkingcounty.org/readers for more information and to sign up to be a part of our team. All opportunities are between 9am-4pm Monday to Friday only.
Sites and shift times are listed on the website above.