Beacon Bits are collections of useful or interesting links or other tidbits that we’ll post periodically.
- This time, it’s the Bus Bitch giving his take on the proposed SE Seattle bus changes, with clear explanations of what each option will mean to you — Rainier Valley Post
- Andy’s Diner re-Oriented: Clark Humphrey brings some good news: Andy’s Diner on Fourth Avenue South is reopening as the Orient Express! Permit data here. — via Blogging Georgetown
- Now that the days are getting shorter, the broken streetlights in our neighborhood are becoming more noticeable. Here’s how to report a broken streetlight in your neighborhood. Hint: lights that go on and off are broken; report them! — Central District News
- The UW Daily has a morbid — and probably entirely made-up — tale of ghoulish deeds and tragedy at the Georgetown Morgue. It’s not entirely false, though. There really was an earthquake in April, 1965 — via Blogging Georgetown
- Super Saturday at Seward Park is tomorrow, October 25, with fun family activities including pumpkin carving, storytelling, a bat-themed nature walk, and more! — Rainier Valley Post