On January 1 we posted that Metro wants to hear from you about the revised service change proposals for Southeast Seattle. The problem was, at that time the proposals hadn’t yet been published. Well, now they have, and you can find them on Metro’s website.
Here are some of the notable changes:
- Route 36 will extend all routes to the Othello Link station using new trolley wire that will be installed on South Myrtle Street and South Othello Street; south of Othello, 36 will be replaced by 106.
- Route 60 will run every 20 minutes during peak periods, and extend weekend trips from Georgetown to White Center starting in 2010.
- New Route 50 will run from Othello Link Station to West Seattle via the Columbia City Link Station and SODO!
- Route 38 will run from Mount Baker to the Beacon Hill Link Station, where people will now transfer to light rail to get to SODO.
Two additional open houses have been scheduled as well:
- Wednesday, February 4, 1:30-3:30 pm, Holly Park Community Church, 4308 South Othello Street (downstairs entrance on east side of building)
- Wednesday, February 4, 6:30-8:30 pm, Holly Park Community Church, 4308 South Othello Street (downstairs entrance on east side of building)
Thanks to Warren Yee for posting this to the mailing list!