Judith Edwards writes to tell us about this month’s North Beacon Hill Council meeting tomorrow night:
The North Beacon Hill Council will meet Thursday, April 1, at 7:00 in the Beacon Hill Library Community Room (2821 Beacon Avenue South). That’s not an April Fool’s joke! We invite everyone that lives or owns a business here on the Hill to come hear a group of individuals present their ideas for parks here on North Beacon. Each has applied for a Parks Department Opportunity Fund grant. Though all cannot be funded, we hope many will be. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and learn more about the awesome events that are occurring here on North Beacon.
The agenda is as follows:
- 7:00 Welcomes
- 7:05 Presentations on applications for Parks Opportunity Fund grants, followed by Q&A
- 8:00 Community Business
- $1M insurance policy which NBHC must take out to cover events on Festival Street
- Recognizing the Beacon Music Association as a sub-committee of NBHC
- Upcoming music events on Festival Street
- Beacon Business Association formation update
- Update on Jefferson Park playground
- Steve Louie, Neighborhood Coordinator
- 8:30 Close
As always, all are welcome to attend. You are part of the council when you attend your first meeting, and you have voting privileges when you attend your second.
Tags: beacon music, festival street, jefferson park, merchants association, nbhc, opportunity fund, parks