The North Beacon Town Center Action Team meeting has been shifted to an earlier time than our original announcement stated. It’s now scheduled from 9:00 am to noon this Saturday, October 16, at Beacon Lutheran Church, 1720 South Forest Street.
The meeting’s objective is to confirm the process for the action team’s work, and review and refine draft concepts for the North Beacon Urban Design Framework.
Here’s the draft agenda sent to us by Lyle Bicknell from the Department of Planning and Development:
- 9:00 Introductions
- 9:10 Outline of the Day (Lyle Bicknell)
- Review schedule and approach to the action team’s work
- Overview of Urban Design Framework
- What it is and isn’t
- Basic elements to address in N Beacon
- 9:40 N Beacon Opportunities and Perspectives (10 minutes each)
- Sara Robertson, Transportation issues/opportunities.
- Sound Transit (tent)
- 10:00 Town Center Walking Tour
- 11:00 Breakout Groups
- List of questions designed to take the community members to make recommendations taking the earlier panels/sessions into context. (Small group facilitation)
- 11:45 Report Back
- 12:00 Next Step/Next Meetings