As mentioned previously, the People-Powered Park Parade and Lewis Park Celebration is this Saturday, May 21. The PPPP is a bike and walk parade that will tour the proposed bike boulevard on 17th and 18th Avenues S., and celebrate the 100th birthday of Lewis Park. You can see the parade route here.
Here is the event timeline; come for the entire event, or just part of it, if you prefer.
At Jefferson Park Playground, 3801 Beacon Ave. S.:
- 11:30 a.m. Gather and decorate bikes
- 11:40 a.m. Lion dancers
- 11:45 a.m. Introduction, CM Rasmussen speaks, parade instructions
- 12:00 p.m. Leave Jefferson Park and travel the proposed Beacon Hill Bike Boulevard/Greenway
At Sturgus Park, 904 Sturgus Ave. S.:
- 1:00 p.m. Event begins (BBQ, music, arrival of bike parade)*
- 1:25 p.m. Mayor arrives, mix and mingle
- 1:30 p.m. Welcome by Friends of Lewis Park
- 1:35 p.m. Duwamish blessing
- 1:45 p.m. CM Sally Bagshaw (3-5 min)
- 1:50 p.m. Mayor’s remarks (3-5 minutes)
- 1:55 p.m. Christopher Williams (3-5 minutes)
- 2:00 p.m. Bernie Matsuno (3-5 minutes)
- 2:15 p.m. Tours of Lewis Park Natural Area begin, music resumes
- 5:00 p.m. Event concludes
*Due to limited seating, it is advised that you bring a blanket/something to sit on to Sturgus Park.
This event is organized by Beacon Walks and Bikes and Friends of Lewis Park, and funded in part by a Neighborhood Matching Fund award from the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods. For more information, contact Dee Dunbar at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dylan Ahearn at email@example.com.