Tuesday, August 2 is the annual Seattle Night Out, in which neighbors all over Seattle hold block parties to meet each other and organize their neighborhoods to fight crime.
Throughout Beacon Hill there will be numerous Night Out events during the evening hours. Here are all the ones we know about here at the BHB:
- 1700 block of 17th Ave. S., 7-10 p.m.: Leslie Schear is organizing, and asks that people bring card tables for food and lawn chairs to sit on.
- 16th Ave. S. and S. Hill St. in the cul de sac with the basketball hoop, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Van Asselt Community Center, 2820 S. Myrtle, 5-8 p.m.: Meet your neighbors and enjoy free hamburgers, hot dogs and beverages. The wading pool will be open for everyone to enjoy, and there will be arts and crafts and a bounce house for the kids. Adult and teen volunteers are needed to help.
- 4800 block of Columbia Dr. S.
- 24th Ave S. and S. Hinds.
- 20th Ave S. and S. Bayview.
- 16th Ave. S. at S. Horton, 6-9:30 p.m.: Bring a potluck dish to share. Marching Band Movitas may perform.
- S. Forest St. between 20th Ave. S. and 21st Ave. S. (3 blocks east of the library), 6:30-10:30 p.m.: If you’d like to help set up, please come at 6pm. Please bring a dish to share. Email Sara Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- 3300 block of 17th Ave. S.: Laura Feinstein is organizing. Bring a dish to the potluck.
View Seattle Night Out block party locations, 8/11 in a larger map