Volunteers are needed to help put on the Beacon Rocks! summer music series. Help is needed for these roles (at all three events unless noted):
- “Set up” shift, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: unloading tables and chairs, setting up canopies, creating an information booth, helping folks cross at the crosswalk, helping performers get set up, setting out garbage/recycling cans, putting up signage, supporting youth volunteers and vendor set up.
- Sound system technician, June 24 and July 29, 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Poetry facilitator, June 24
- Event emcee, August 26, 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- “Running the show” shift, 12 noon – 3 p.m.: vendor support, information booth, assisting performers’ set up, crosswalk assistance, support of youth volunteers
- “Break down” shift, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.: rounding up and putting away tables, chairs, canopies, signage, garbage/recycling.
Volunteers will get a free t-shirt. To volunteer or for more info, call or email ROCKiT Community Arts Volunteer Coordinator Liz Walsh-Boyd at email@example.com or 206-324-6351.
The events’ themes have been decided. They are:
- Sunday, June 24: “Transportation” theme. Light rail representatives and possibly Metro transit will be there
- Sunday, July 2 “Save the (Weather-vane) Whale” theme. Water fun and a project to restore the “fallen” whale to the top of the Garden House
- Sunday, August 26 “Barter Your Way” theme. An assortment of services/products and people who “trade” in these items.
Each event will also have a poetry activity.