Just a reminder that this month’s Beacon Rocks! event is today from 1-5 p.m. on the Roberto Maestas Festival Street just north of Beacon Hill Station. The theme “Save the Whale”, with an afternoon full of performers, “mini-beach” wading pools, a volleyball contest, a “Save the Whale” haiku contest, visits by local whale biologists showing real whale bones, and more.
Here’s the performance schedule today:
- 1:00 Ian McFeron Band (original folk/rock)
- 1:35 The Colour Project (electronic rock)
- 2:15 Zumba (interactive Latin dance)
- 2:45 Stefanie and The Straight Shooters (acoustic contemporary folk)
- 3:00 Rat City Brass (instrumental 60’s pop)
- 3:45 Zumba
- 4:00 Poetry and Haiku Contest winner reading by Suzanne Edison
- 4:15 More Of Anything (rock and roll)
As always, neighbors of all ages are welcome. Beacon Rocks! is a free event.