This Sunday, June 30, it’s “back to the bean” on Beacon Hill for this summer’s first Beacon Rocks! event at Roberto Maestas Festival Street from 1 to 5 p.m. As in previous summers, Beacon Rocks! is a free, all-ages street fair with music, dance, and vendors.
This week’s theme is “Beacon: A Hill of Beans,” a celebration of growing, eating and sharing beans as part of this year’s ongoing Hill of Beans project.
Here’s the schedule:
- 1:00 Splinter: social justice contemporary dance
- 1:45 Carold Nelson: drumming
- 2:00 Molasses Theory: eclectric rock
- 2:45 Carold Nelson: drumming
- 3:00 Alay ng Kultura: Filipino Arts Collective
- 3:45 Carold Nelson: drumming
- 4:00 Mister K and the Rhythm Rockets: Je Bongo Busch drums, Kent Stevenson keyboard
Other activities include a bean bag toss for prizes, a haiku contest, making bean necklaces, and more.
This year, a new addition to the event is a flea market. For $25, you can rent a six-foot space to sell or trade your stuff. Find the application here.