The Beacon Hill Branch of The Seattle Public Library is turning 10 years old and the neighborhood is celebrating this Saturday, July 12! A fun-filled day is planned with refreshments, a panel of speakers, poetry reading and entertainment. Beacon Hill writers, young and old, are invited to share their creativity during an open mic program.
Schedule of events
- 12:30 p.m. – Neighborhood celebration/social hour
- 1:30 p.m. – Architecture panel reviews the vision, design, and process of Beacon Hill’s new library building
- 2:45 p.m. – Ken Mochizuki, author of “Beacon Hill Boys,” reads from his work
- 3:15 p.m. – Open mic for local writers to share their work
- 4:30 p.m. – Learn break dancing from members of the Massive Monkees crew