Andy Sheffer at Seattle Parks and Recreation says:
I have the fencing scheduled to be removed next Tuesday, May 14th. At that point the entire park will be open and the spray park will be in operation starting Memorial Day, 5/27/13 (Date when all spray parks open). The following work has been performed:
- Slope fortification
- Installation of curbs along pathways to prevent mulch from entering spray park system.
- Replacement of portions of concrete surfacing to enhance amt. of water re-circulated in the spray park.
- Mechanical enhancements to ensure smooth operation of spray park.
- Replacement of long open slide with a tubular slide.
- Installation of additional site furnishings.
- Installation of additional stepping stones in areas where desire paths appeared.
The following work is getting wrapped up this week.
- Installation of replacement safety surfacing associated with the installation of the new slide.
- General clean-up.
Please feel free to call me anytime at 206.423.1917 with any additional questions or concerns.
Tags: beacon mountain, children, jefferson park, playgrounds