- Amber Campbell has gathered further information about the impact of the potential closure of the Columbia Public Health Family Planning Clinic in Genesee — Rainier Valley Post
- “Beacon Hill [station] is still scheduled to open on time.” — Seattle Transit Blog
- Steve Louie on the BAN and beaconhill mailing lists reminds us to call 386-1800 to report water, sewer, storm water backups, and, preferably before they become a real hazard, blocked storm drains
- Jalen Testerman is a 7-year-old boy gaining worldwide recognition as a breakdancer. He practices at the Jefferson Park community center — Seattle Times
- The new Rainier Vista Boys and Girls Club and Rainier Valley Teen Center opened todaywith a gala grand opening celebration including basketball, chess, dancing, and Mayor Greg Nickels and other dignitaries speaking out against youth violence — Seattle P-I
Still psyched about the new light rail trains and can’t wait until next summer when you can ride them? This Saturday you can at board a Link Light Rail train, although it won’t be going anywhere. A train will be parked at the Columbia City Station during the Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club Grand Opening celebration.
The celebration of the club’s new 40,000 square foot teen center is from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm. VIPs including Ron Sims and Greg Nickels will be there to speak between 10:30 am and 11:30 am. Other activities at the celebration include free-throws with Sheryl Swoopes of the Seattle Storm, a performance by the Dangerettes drill team, football with Bobby Engram and Blitz from the Seattle Seahawks, and giveaways for kids and teens. The Club is at 4520 MLK Jr. Way South; the Columbia City rail station is one block south.
Thanks, Seattle Transit Blog!