- Hungry Girl visits Lunch Counter
- ColorsNW on the Presidential vegetable garden and the Beacon Ave P-Patch
- House values down 12 percent in Beacon Hill notes the Ballard News Tribune
- Eat The State is looking for south-end distributors
- And don’t forget about the Transit-Oriented Development meeting Saturday starting at 9
“Breaking Down Housing Barriers” is a two part anti-racism community forum to be held on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 6:00 to 9:00 pm, and on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
The first part is an education and awareness panel and discussion, which will “focus on issues that prevent people from finding housing including mortgage default, eviction records and criminal histories… (and) also discuss the underlying role racism plays and how it affects people of color trying to secure stable housing in Seattle/King County.”
The second part is an advocacy and action panel, which will “focus on actions community members can take to help make stable housing more accessible to communities of color.”
Both sessions will be at the Eritrean Community Center, at the foot of Beacon Hill and just off Rainier Avenue at 1954 South Massachusetts.
Thanks to Liz Reed Hawk on the BAN list.