This notice came across the Beacon Hill mailing list today:
The Beacon Hill Writing Marathon (lots of writing and reading sprinkled with intermittent walking) is this Sunday.
Sunday, June 3
Begins at Beacon Hill Library
1 pm – 4:30 pm
Three Hours of Non-Critical Communal Writing
All Genres and Experience Levels Welcome
I don’t know anything else about the event at this point. If you need more info, email BeaconWritingMarathon@gmail.com.
Do you have something to say that is relevant to Beacon Hill (North, Mid-, or South)? If so, the BHB wants you. We are looking for guest writers on a variety of Beacon-related topics, and particularly for folks who live in Mid-Beacon or South Beacon. Living toward the north end of the Hill, we know we don’t always hear about what’s going on further south as well as the people who live there do. We are committed to covering the entire Hill, and we are glad to feature other voices than our own.
Don’t be shy — you don’t have to have perfect writing skills to do this. We can polish up your prose if needed.
Here are some potential starter topics, though these are not the only ones, and we welcome your ideas:
- Raising kids on Beacon Hill
- Voices from the various cultures represented on the Hill
- History of the Hill
- Restaurant reviews on the Hill and nearby
- What to do on the weekends
- City political issues as they directly affect the Hill
- Land use and development
- South Beacon Spotlight
- Mid-Beacon Spotlight
- Gardening on the Hill
- Schools and education issues
- A Greener Hill: environmental issues
- Beacon by Bus: Life here without a car
- BeaconBike: A cyclist’s life on Beacon Hill (Bike-On Hill?)
Interested in a regular writing slot or just a one-time opinion piece? Either way, email us.