As we mentioned earlier, Tuesday August 4, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, is the annual neighborhood Block Party and National Night Out Against Crime. Groups of neighbors throughout the Hill — and throughout the country — are getting together to celebrate their community and hang out with the neighbors while heightening crime prevention awareness.
If you haven’t registered your party with the police department yet, you can still do so until 9:00 am today. Registration materials are here. Of course, you can have a celebration with your neighbors whether you register or not, but to have the street closed, and for the firefighters to bring their truck by for the kids to check out, you’ll need to register your block party.
These are the block parties we have been made aware of this year. Are you having one that isn’t listed here? Please post about it in the comments.
- Mid-Beacon Hill Block party on South Brandon Street between 20th Avenue South and 21st Avenue South. If you would like to attend, please email Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the neighbors from the north side of 15th Avenue South on the cul-de-sac on 15th and Massachusetts, right across the North Beacon Hill P-Patch. Please bring your own drinks, chairs, and a dish for the potluck. “We will have plenty of music, neighbors, and fun. We hope to meet more of our neighbors. Thanks.”
- “We’ll be hosting a night out event on South Snoqualmie Street, just west of 11th Avenue South. Come on out!”
- There is a block party on the 4200 block of 14th Avenue South between South Nevada and South Oregon, 6:30 pm — 10:00 pm. “What people are encouraged to bring: Small Grill, Chairs, Food (Meat, Veggies, Fruit, Desert, etc…), and smiling faces. We’d love to invite folks from all over Beacon Hill, so it doesn’t matter if you’re from our block. Come on out!”
- A block party will be between Judkins and Atlantic on 13th Avenue South, in a shaded area with several barbecues and room for kids to play. “Please feel free to drop by if you live in the neighborhood.”