Here’s the full schedule of the first Beacon Rocks! concert, which will take place this Sunday, June 13, from 1:00 – 5:00 pm at the Lander Festival Street just north of Beacon Hill Station.
- 1:00 Welcome and Lion Dance by Jun Hong Kung Fu Association
- 1:15 Robert Hinrix and Angela Castenada: guitar and vocal
- 1:45 Rockit Dancers and Jun Hong Kung Fu demonstration
- 2:00 Octothorpe: Eclectic Rock
- 2:45 El Centro Zumba!: interactive Latin Dance
- 3:00 Better World: Jazz with Marc Smason, Joanne Klein, Craig Hoyer, Jeff Davies.
- 3:45 El Centro Zumba!: interactive Latin Dance
- 4:00 Unite One: Rap, reggae, funk fusion!
While the performances are the focus of the day, there will be a lot more going on, too. Local restaurants will be vending food near The Station coffee shop on 16th Avenue South, and El Centro’s playground will be open for the kids to enjoy. People can also make rubbings of the ethnic patterns on Beacon Hill Station’s plaza, and enjoy the plaza’s art by artist Carl Smool.
Kajsa Soderlund wrote to tell us that A Touch of Sweden will be one of the vendors at the event. She says, “If you want to get your taste buds rocked, come and see us at The Chop House parking lot on Sunday from 1:00 pm right next to the main Beacon Rocks event on South Lander Street.” Items for sale will include Swedish meatball sandwiches, almond and chocolate beskvi, cinnamon rolls, apricot custard pie, decadent chocolate praline cake, carrot cake, banana bread and more.