Byers’ message reads:
Dear friends—Here are the most recent developments in the effort to establish the community health college and innovation center at Pacific Tower:
- Amazingly, supporters of the Pacific Tower project in the legislature were successful on all fronts!
- The State operating budget includes funding for the lease of the tower as well as provisions enabling the State to enter into a long-term lease for the building.
- The capital budget included $20 million in funding for the tenant improvements for the community health college and other improvements at the tower.
- State officials led by Rep. Jamie Peterson have been working with the PDA and its lawyers to agree on the terms of a draft lease.
- Although all parties agree that a great deal of progress has been made in the last 10 days, the executive director of the PDA has indicated more time is needed to negotiate several points before the Governing Council can make a decision between our proposal and the other option they have in hand.
- Therefore the hearing and Council vote scheduled for July 9th has been postponed. The new date is 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 25th at Pacific Medical Center’s Beacon Hill Clinic. Please mark your calendars and plan to be there!
- In spite of all this positive news, the success of our proposal will ultimately be determined by a vote of the PDA governing Council. Your letters of support are making a big difference, but we can’t stop now! We need to continue the out-pouring of community support.
- Those of you who have not yet have written to the Public Development Authority in support of the proposal are urged to do so now! You can address your letters to Rosemary Aragon, Executive Director, Pacific Hospital Preservation and Development Authority, 1200 12th Ave. S, Quarters 2, Seattle, WA 98144; or by email at email@example.com. She will forward your letters to the members of the Board.
Thank you for all of the support you have given this effort. We will look forward to seeing you at the hearing, and will keep you up to date on any significant developments that occur during the next three weeks.
Cedar River Group