Judith Edwards writes to tell us about this month’s North Beacon Hill Council meeting tomorrow night:
The North Beacon Hill Council will meet Thursday, April 1, at 7:00 in the Beacon Hill Library Community Room (2821 Beacon Avenue South). That’s not an April Fool’s joke! We invite everyone that lives or owns a business here on the Hill to come hear a group of individuals present their ideas for parks here on North Beacon. Each has applied for a Parks Department Opportunity Fund grant. Though all cannot be funded, we hope many will be. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and learn more about the awesome events that are occurring here on North Beacon.
The agenda is as follows:
- 7:00 Welcomes
- 7:05 Presentations on applications for Parks Opportunity Fund grants, followed by Q&A
- 8:00 Community Business
- $1M insurance policy which NBHC must take out to cover events on Festival Street
- Recognizing the Beacon Music Association as a sub-committee of NBHC
- Upcoming music events on Festival Street
- Beacon Business Association formation update
- Update on Jefferson Park playground
- Steve Louie, Neighborhood Coordinator
- 8:30 Close
As always, all are welcome to attend. You are part of the council when you attend your first meeting, and you have voting privileges when you attend your second.