The North Beacon Town Center Action Team meeting has been shifted to an earlier time than our original announcement stated. It’s now scheduled from 9:00 am to noon this Saturday, October 16, at Beacon Lutheran Church, 1720 South Forest Street.
The meeting’s objective is to confirm the process for the action teamâ€™s work, and review and refine draft concepts for the North Beacon Urban Design Framework.
Here’s the draft agenda sent to us by Lyle Bicknell from the Department of Planning and Development:
- 9:00 Introductions
- 9:10 Outline of the Day (Lyle Bicknell)
- Review schedule and approach to the action teamâ€™s work
- Overview of Urban Design Framework
- What it is and isnâ€™t
- Basic elements to address in N Beacon
- 9:40 N Beacon Opportunities and Perspectives (10 minutes each)
- Sara Robertson, Transportation issues/opportunities.
- Sound Transit (tent)
- 10:00 Town Center Walking Tour
- 11:00 Breakout Groups
- List of questions designed to take the community members to make recommendations taking the earlier panels/sessions into context. (Small group facilitation)
- 11:45 Report Back
- 12:00 Next Step/Next Meetings