Along with performances from Beacon Hill musicians and artists, The Station coffee house will be hosting a beer garden and food vending on the adjacent El Centro de la Raza grounds. After Beacon Rocks! is The Station’s First Anniversary Party, featuring more local hip hop and rock music from 5pm until dusk.
Chairs and/or blankets are recommended to sit on. Remember that the Festival Street is a paved site.
June 26 schedule, with descriptions courtesy of Beacon Rocks!:
- 1:00 Leaf Colors: “Indie folk rock with poignant lyrics.”
- 1:30 Jun Hong Kung Fu and Sports Association: Lion Dance
“A kung fu school that not only teaches martial arts but teaches everyone whom walks through the door to open their mind, work hard, and become productive members of the community.”
- 1:45 Sometimes Astronauts
“Rock and roll built to stand the test of time travel.”
- 2:30 Jun Hong Kung Fu and Sports Association: Kung Fu Demonstration
- 2:45 Reckless Nomad “Prepare to kick back with some grungy, blues-tinged rock.”
- 3:30 Hank Davis and Friends
“A longtime local singer-songwriter and contributor to the folk music website Victory Music.”
- 4:00 Ichi Bichi
“A hard pumping Pop/Punk Rock band, made up of 3 different nationalities (1 Japanese, 2 Romanians and 1 American), 2 different generations, 2 different genders…..all coming together to make great music.”