It’s almost May, which means it’s almost time for the next North Beacon Hill Council meeting. Tomorrow (Tuesday), May 1, neighbors will gather as they do each month to discuss local issues. All are welcome. The meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Beacon Hill Library community room.
Here is this month’s agenda:
- 7:00 Hellos and introductions
- 7:10 Announcement by a representative of the Advisory Committee on Aging about a pamphlet which will be distributed on Beacon Hill advising of services available to senior citizens.
- 7:15 Announcement by City Light representatives Dave Barber and Lynn Best re: surplus property located on 14th Avenue South.
- 7:30 Presentation by representatives of Deputy Mayor Darryl Smith’s office pertaining to work that has been done/is scheduled to be done on the Mountains to Sound Trail, the off-leash area, and other aspects of the greenbelt on North Beacon Hill. Followed by Q&A.
- 8:00 Community concerns and announcements
- June 2, Jefferson Park Beacon Hill Festival â€“ volunteers needed to sit at the NBHC table for 1-2 hour shifts
- June meeting â€“ honoring the work that has been done on the Jefferson Park playground, information on July 14 grand opening Jubilee Celebration at Jefferson Park
- Other announcements and community concerns
- 8:25 Elections to be held in June for the NBHC Board of Directors. Please come prepared to fill one of the four vacant slots! Needed: a fund raiser (interested in planning for a neighborhood garage sale?), someone to write grants, a computer guru, and someone interested in public safety to attend the SE Police Precinct Advisory Board as our representative. If you have talents here, please consider becoming a Board member. Requirements: the monthly meeting, plus 1-5 hours more per month, depending on your responsibility.