There has been a fair amount of worry on Beacon Hill about the potential changes. The materials produced by the FAA to explain the project are somewhat opaque to non-pilots, and conflicting information on whether it will negatively affect the Hill at all has come in from various sources. Community meetings to discuss the plans have been located in Ballard and Federal Way, but none of them near Southeast Seattle.
Some neighbors were able to attend the meeting in Ballard, and will report back at tonight’s NBHC meeting. West Seattle Blog recorded video of the meeting. The Ballard News-Tribune was also there. According to neighbor Tina Ray, part of tonight’s plan is to set a date and agenda to meet with the Port of Seattle and the FAA about the Greener Skies plan.
Here’s the complete agenda for the evening:
- 7:00-7:05 Introductions
- 7:05-7:20 Public Safety Update: Reports about an increase in street burglaries and updates on recent shootings in the Beacon Hill area
- 7:20-7:35 Airplane noise/Greener Skies: updates from FAA meetings 7:35-7:50 New Project Updates: Proposed developments in the neighborhood including El Centro, Holgate property, and McClellan project
- 7:50-8:05 Opportunity Fund “speed dating”: brief presentations from Friends of Lewis Park, Beacon BIKES, El Centro, Cheasty Greenspace, etc.
- 8:05-8:15 Neighborhood calendar and group updates, DON news
- 8:15-8:30 Update on Internet connectivity in Beacon Hill: Representatives from UPTUN (Upping Technology for Underserved Neighbors) will be presenting with invited representatives from Comcast, Wave (formerly Broadstripe) and CenturyLink
As always, all interested neighbors are welcome to attend.
One thought on “Tonight: Flight noise, more on agenda at North Beacon Hill Council meeting”
I am very much opposed to a flight path over our homes in Seward Park. I’m not in town but hope others will attend and voice opposition.
Comments are closed.