It’s almost April, which means it’s almost time for the next North Beacon Hill Council meeting on Tuesday, April 2 at 7 p.m. in the Beacon Hill Library community room, 2821 Beacon Ave. S.
This month’s agenda:
- 7:00-7:10 Introductions, Greater Duwamish Council and Department of Neighborhood updates, raffle sales
- 7:10-7:30 Public Safety
- 7:30-7:35 Street Stories
- 7:35-7:50 Sound Transit and SDOT Beacon Avenue design updates
- 7:50-8:00 SDOT Residential Parking Zone update
- 8:00-8:15 Rosemary Aragon, Pacific Hospital PDA
- 8:15-8:20 Happening on the Hill/Community Calendar
- 8:20-8:30 Raffle drawing and NBHC draft bylaws and call for board members
- 8:30-8:55 NBHC Board meets in Beacon Hill Resource Center (open to the public)
The Council is currently holding a raffle with prizes including gift cards to local businesses, a parking permit at El Centro, and more. The grand price is one free permit (and insurance) to use Roberto Maestas Festival Street for an event. Raffle proceeds will go to support NBHC’s support costs for the Beacon Hill Resource Center and Roberto Maestas Festival Street.
Raffle tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5, and can be bought from any board member in the neighborhood or at the NBHC meeting. Drawings will be held on April 2 and May 7 at NBHC meetings, and at the June Beacon ROCKS! for the grand prize.
As always, all interested neighbors are invited and welcome to attend and participate in the meeting.