There will be an open house for the Cheasty Greenspace tonight (Tuesday, June 3), at the Beacon Hill library from 6:10 to 6:50. Â There will be photographs of the Cheasty forest featuring native plant and tree species, birds, maps from the Seattle Parks Department “Cheasty Greenspace Vegetation Management Plan,” information on Cheasty wildlife and history, and lively discussion about the future of South Seattle’s own Cheasty Greenspace Forest.Â Mark Mead from the Seattle Parks Department will be on hand to give an update and answer questions during the regular North Beacon Hill Council meeting starting at 7 p.m.
Also on display will be images of the skateable sculpture by artist C.J Rench that will be installed at the north end of Jefferson Park later this month.Â More info on the project can be found on the project page atÂ the DPR website.
Full NBHC Agenda:
- 7:00-7:05Â Â Introductions, Greater Duwamish District Council and Department of Neighborhood updates
- 7:05-7:20Â Â Happening on the Hillâ€”community calendar and construction updates: thereâ€™s a lot going on this summer! SPL librarians will be on hand to share news about the July 12 Anniversary Celebration of our branch! TEN YEARS!
- Â 7:20-7:35Â Â NBHC board nominees: brief presentations from those interested in running for a two year position on the NBHC board; bylaws available for review if desired
- Â 7:35-7:55Â Â Pacific Tower and Pacific Hospital Preservation & Development Authority
- Â 7:55-8:20Â Cheasty Greenspace update: Seattle Parks Department Urban Forester Mark MeadÂ
- 8:20-8:25Â Â Board electionsÂ (if youâ€™ve attended one meeting in the past calendar year, youâ€™re a voting member)
- Â 8:25-8:30Â Old/New business
- Â 8:30-8:55Â NBHC Board meets in Beacon Hill Resource Center (open to the public)