North Beacon Hill Council Chair Judith Edwards writes to the mailing list:
Several North Beacon Hill Council Directors positions will be open in 2009. Nominations for these positions will be brought forward at the May Council meeting. Residents of the community and business owners in the service area are invited and encouraged to fill these positions.
The North Beacon Council (NBHC) is a voice for our neighborhood, building relationships with City Council members, and City departments, applying for or acting as a fiscal agent for grants that result in improvements to North Beacon Hill such as stairway cleanup/enhancement, pedestrian crossings, public spaces, etc. These are some of the skills the Council is looking for:
- Someone with the ability to update and add new members to an existing webpage – and we’d be open to someone re-designing the page, making it really pop!
- A willingness to take minutes at meetings and provide them to the web-site monitor for posting to the website.
- Someone to act as a fundraising chair – getting people excited about an occasional fund raiser for the Council – a great position for an idea person!
- Someone to act as a liaison to media outlets, seeing that meetings and events are published, media attention is brought to the community in a positive way. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to establish media contacts!
- Someone to monitor and report to the council zoning requests/changes which will have or do have an impact on the BH area.
- And many other skills!
Directors are elected to two year terms, and are expected to attend one (1) meeting per month, on the first Thursday of each month. These volunteer positions offer a great opportunity for leadership in the community and a chance to be part of the exciting changes which Beacon Hill will see in the coming years. Sorry, no recompense – only glory! Interested? Contact Judith Edwards, NBHC Chair, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.