The postponed-due-to-the-week-long-library-closure September North Beacon Hill Council Meeting is happening this Thursday at 7pm in the Beacon Hill Library Community Room. Everyone is welcome, and if you’ve been to at least one meeting, you’re eligible to vote!
The agenda as posted on the NBHC website with some added emphasis:
- 7:00 Introductions and Welcome
- 7:05 Allison Schwartz, Transportation Planner, Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) and Mike Podowski, Planner, Department of Planning and Development (DPD) will give an update on light rail station area parking and get feedback on the Restricted Parking Zones â€“ how are they working for us. Q & A follows five minute presentations by each.
- 7:40 City Councilmember Mike Oâ€™Brien, Chair, Seattle Public Utilities and Neighborhoods Committee: CC member Oâ€™Brienâ€™s City Council Committee will be making a decision this month on the Neighborhood Plan as presented by DPD; he has asked for this opportunity to receive neighborhood feedback. Mike will also be soliciting members for the Action Teams which are forming to implement the Neighborhood Plan.
- 8:10 Neighborhood updates
- Beacon Rocks
- Beacon Hill Business Association
- Nomination of new North Beacon Hill Council Board Member
- Resignation accepted from Shelly Bates, Board Member â€“ thank you so much, Shelly, for all you have done for us!
- Other announcements, events
- 8:30 Executive Board Meeting (open to all, however only Board Members are allowed to speak and take any needed votes. If you choose to leave at this time, itâ€™s understood!)
- Election of new board member(s)
- Updates on plans made at the August Board Social meeting