Here is the agenda for this month’s North Beacon Hill Council meeting, scheduled for Thursday, June 2 at 7 p.m. in the Beacon Hill Library community meeting room.
- 7:00 Introductions, agenda
- 7:10 Deputy Mayor Darryl Smith will update us on City plans for the greenbelt commonly called “the Jungle” and the Mountain to Sound Trail. Volunteers are needed to make this idea come to fruition.
- 7:25 Question and Answer time: Discussion of City plans, and the displacement of homeless camps. Where will the long-term camp residents go? The increase in homeless street inebriates is causing a problem on N. Beacon—what is being done? Establishment of an alcohol impact area (AIA) on N. Beacon.
- 8:00 Community announcements and concerns
- Executive Board vote on officers
- Nominations for Board Members
- Other community concerns, including the formation of an Alcohol Impact Advisory committee
- 8:30 Closure followed by Executive Board Meeting
The Beacon Hill Library is located at 2821 Beacon Ave. S. All are welcome at the meeting.
One thought on ““Jungle,” Alcohol Impact Area on NBHC agenda”
Comments are closed.