Via Judith Edwards, here’s the agenda for Thursday’s North Beacon Hill Council meeting at the Beacon Hill Library:
7:00 – Welcomes, agenda, introductions
7:05 – Lewis Park request for Council to act as fiscal sponsors for two grant applications — vote required
7:15 – Focus for 2010 — A number of issues came forward in our December meeting. We will need to form committees for each, so come prepared to volunteer your time and energy. Most committees meet once per month, and your total time expenditure should not be more than 4-6 hours monthly, perhaps less.
- Revision of Neighborhood Development Guidelines to include specific verbage on new construction set-backs
- Festival Street usage, Seattle Dep’t. of Transportation requirements
- Continued development of Neighborhood Plan, which includes expansion towards Jefferson Park
- Business development in Urban Core, with emphasis on monitoring plans for expansion around the Light Rail Station
- Improved internet access
- Amendment of city zoning codes to better accomodate home businesses
- Historic preservation of Craftsman homes
8:00 – Neighborhood concerns, reports from standing committees/sub-committees
8:30 – Close
See you there at 7.