Some of the “Key Action Items” include:
- Maintain the remainder of parcels and storefronts north andÂ south of the immediate station area along Beacon Ave. S. for newÂ and small businesses.
- Rezone key opportunity sites to encourage redevelopment ofÂ parcels around the light rail station in a manner that incorporatesÂ housing, commercial services (such as a grocery store and smallÂ businesses) and amenities.
- Evaluate a height increase within the Town Center for someÂ but not all properties that have a current height limit of 40 feet,Â allowing up to 65 feet with required street and upper levelÂ setbacks.
- Where land use changes are considered, give particular attentionÂ to zone transitions.
- Change the land use and zoning to support the envisionedÂ mixed use development on the El Centro site.
- Develop neighborhood design guidelines and an urbanÂ design framework plan for the North Beacon Hill station area.Â Framework elements could include building height options,Â incentive features such as affordable housing, open space, andÂ pedestrian connections.