It looks like the restriping on 15th Avenue South north of Spokane Street has finally happened. The new right-turn lane at Spokane when heading southbound is much nicer than the old “squeeze into the de facto turn lane that isn’t really a lane, and hope you have room to make the turn” situation that used to be there. The new bike lane is nice, too. The parking situation has changed a bit, though. If you live, drive, or ride on 15th, how are you handling it?
- Door-to-door alarm salesmissionaries, something you may already be familiar with — New York Times
- Beacon Hill International School PTA’s Beacon Bazaar end-of-year craft sale/yard sale/fundraiser is tomorrow from 9 to 2 at BHIS, 2025 14th Ave. S.
- Gabriel Claycamp‘s Swinery Deli is opening… in West Seattle — West Seattle Blog
- We’ve got the germ of a bike lane on the north tip of 15th, Now This Is A Bike Path — The Stranger
- Crime prevention is the gist of the Seattle Police Department’s South Precinct newsletter
This part of 15th tends to have drivers who drive excessively fast. Cyclists, remember the bike lane doesn’t guarantee your safety, so please be careful out there; drivers, please watch out for cyclists both here on 15th and elsewhere on the hill, and remember that it is illegal to drive in the bike lane.
(The dedicated bike lane does run only a few blocks before going back to “sharrows”, but it’s a start! — Jason)