- The Central District is changing and gentrifying, and it seems quite similar to what has been happening over the last decade or so on Beacon Hill — Seattle Times
- Seattle Public Schools will be announcing recommendations for school closures next week, and the Save Seattle Schools blog thinks SE Seattle schools Rainier Beach, Aki Kurose, and the African-American Academy will be on the chopping block — Rainier Valley Post
- The Rainier Avenue (Mount Baker) Safeway apparently has a rodent problem — Rainier Valley Post
- More appetizingly, Gabriel Claycamp of Beacon Hill’s Culinary Communion shows you how to carve a turkey — The Seattle P-I Big Blog
- Bring in your old tvs, monitors and computers for a recycling event in Georgetown benefitting Seattleâ€™s Union Gospel Mission on Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22 — Rainier Valley Post
eWaste Center, newly open at 660 South Othello in Georgetown, is hosting a free electronics waste disposal event on Saturday, October 11th, from 9am to 3pm. You can drop off old PCs, monitors, VCRs, televisions, etc. for disposal or recycling. For further information, call EWC at (206) 767-9950.
Thanks to Maria D. and Warren Yee from the list for the information!