- Rhohelia ‘Bob’ Webb, Tuskegee veteran and one of the NBHC founders, passed away on May 28th — Seattle Times
- Relatedly, Craig Thompson posted a remembrance of long-time community activist Katashi Oita on the BAN list — RVP
- Georgetown’s classic Mercedes repair shop Benz Friends is packing up and moving to Burien — Blogging Georgetown
- Route 38: “Slightly ridiculous” what with the light rail opening — Seattle Transit Blog
- Time is running out on the city’s parking and traffic ticket penalty and interest amnesty program. Get paid-up by June 30th!
- Free screenings (donations expected) of Mad City Chickens, a documentary about raising urban poultry, will be held this Friday in Wallingford and Monday in West Seattle. Friday’s showing is presented by Wallingford Neighbors for Peace and Justice, Monday’s by Sustainable West Seattle. Follow those links for full details about show times and locations. — Lynn Tucker on the mailing list
Metro has released their proposed service revisions. These changes will be discussed at the special joint meeting of the King County Councilâ€™s Physical Environment Committee and the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee meeting April 28th.
Some relevant highlights from the revisions listed:
- Revise routing to end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Discontinue service between Seward Park Avenue S/S Myrtle Street and Rainier Avenue S/S Henderson Street.
- Adjust Monday-Saturday off-peak service frequency to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.
- Improve Sunday frequency on Route 39 to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 60 minutes.
- Revise routing so that all trips end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Replace service between Rainier Beach and Beacon Avenue S/S Myrtle Street with revised Route 106.
- Discontinue evening and night service to the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Improve Saturday service to every 10 minutes between approximately 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Beginning February 2010)
- Revise routing to operate between Beacon Hill Station and the Mount Baker bus facility.
- Discontinue service between Beacon Hill and SODO and in Mount Baker north of McClellan.
- Operate every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes Monday-Saturday between approximately 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Discontinue service on Sundays and on other days before 8:30 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Improve weekday peak frequency from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes.