Metro has released their proposed service revisions. These changes will be discussed at the special joint meeting of the King County Councilâ€™s Physical Environment Committee and the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee meeting April 28th.
Some relevant highlights from the revisions listed:
- Revise routing to end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Discontinue service between Seward Park Avenue S/S Myrtle Street and Rainier Avenue S/S Henderson Street.
- Adjust Monday-Saturday off-peak service frequency to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.
- Improve Sunday frequency on Route 39 to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 60 minutes.
- Revise routing so that all trips end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Replace service between Rainier Beach and Beacon Avenue S/S Myrtle Street with revised Route 106.
- Discontinue evening and night service to the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Improve Saturday service to every 10 minutes between approximately 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Beginning February 2010)
- Revise routing to operate between Beacon Hill Station and the Mount Baker bus facility.
- Discontinue service between Beacon Hill and SODO and in Mount Baker north of McClellan.
- Operate every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes Monday-Saturday between approximately 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Discontinue service on Sundays and on other days before 8:30 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Improve weekday peak frequency from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes.