Metro has released their proposed service revisions. These changes will be discussed at the special joint meeting of the King County Council’s Physical Environment Committee and the Budget and Fiscal Management Committee meeting April 28th.
Some relevant highlights from the revisions listed:
- Revise routing to end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Discontinue service between Seward Park Avenue S/S Myrtle Street and Rainier Avenue S/S Henderson Street.
- Adjust Monday-Saturday off-peak service frequency to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.
- Improve Sunday frequency on Route 39 to operate every 45 minutes instead of every 60 minutes.
- Revise routing so that all trips end at 38th Avenue S and S Myrtle Street, near Othello light rail station.
- Replace service between Rainier Beach and Beacon Avenue S/S Myrtle Street with revised Route 106.
- Discontinue evening and night service to the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- Improve Saturday service to every 10 minutes between approximately 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Beginning February 2010)
- Revise routing to operate between Beacon Hill Station and the Mount Baker bus facility.
- Discontinue service between Beacon Hill and SODO and in Mount Baker north of McClellan.
- Operate every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes Monday-Saturday between approximately 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Discontinue service on Sundays and on other days before 8:30 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Improve weekday peak frequency from every 30 minutes to every 15 minutes.